Is responsible for processing and preparing donations for resale. This includes, but not limited to, accepting, sorting, and pricing donated goods following company quality, price, and production standards. Assists in keeping donation area clean, safe, and presentable to our donors.
• Provide exemplary, respectful, customer service to all outside contacts, volunteers, and Bethesda staff.
• Accept and refuse donations according to Bethesda guidelines.
• Collect and enter donor information as well as provide donation receipt.
• Sort donations into various categories according to Bethesda policies and procedures.
• Recognize and separate brand name, designer, and high quality product.
• Price merchandise in accordance to quality and pricing guidelines.
• Meet production standards for both speed and quality.
• Perform bailing operation for donated goods (where applicable)
• Keep work area organized, clean, and safe.
• Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license preferred, including a good driving record as defined by Bethesda.
- Walk, bend, and stand up to 8 hrs.
- Lift items at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Due to the use of material handling equipment, the ability to push, pull, and depth perception is needed.
- Must be able to identify product flaws, and distinguish clear color.
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity, and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- A team player who can get along well with others.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Able to relate well with others, dependable, hard working, accurate, self-motivated, polite and tactful.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed