The Direct Support Professional is responsible for providing direct support, positive direction, and assistance to individuals of all ages to allow them to be more effective in their everyday life. Support will be provided in accordance with program policies and procedures and personal outcome measures. We offer paid training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supports to people by assisting in the development and implementation of all support plans, including spiritual life supports, assisting people in achieving their personal goals and desires, providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day, and supporting people to be independent in activities of daily living
- Assists with information gathering for Personal Outcome Measures, and other assessments
- Assists people with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly home by following safety and infection control procedures; educates people about maintaining homes
- Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality support and services. Obtains and maintains all required certifications and trainings and applies the information to support people served
- Maintains open communication and cooperative work effort with Lead DSP and other staff to assure quality and continuity of support to people served
- Supports the Bethesda Mission, Vision, and Core Values while empowering each person to direct their own life choices
- Reports and/or documents routine and unusual events including completing daily logs, accident reports, outcome data sheets, etc. in a concise, understandable, and legible manner
- Assists people with fiscal management while safeguarding their funds. This may include completing ledgers, reconciling accounts and assisting people with spending choices
- Ensures that people exercise their rights and that rights are not restricted without due process, ensures people are treated with dignity and respect
- Performs other duties as assigned.
More about Bethesda:
We help people create connections in their communities. Through these connections, the people we support are empowered to make choices leading to a greater independence that enables them to live the best life possible. We believe support begins with the individual. We make a difference in the lives of those who choose to receive our support by being an active and involved part of their everyday lives. We get to know their interests and their passions. We work together to identify the services that will best support them through important life decisions including how to live, work, and play. Our goal is to help each person make choices, set goals and enrich their lives so they can live in the home they choose and access the supports they desire. We help them realize a greater sense of independence and a closer connection to their community.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.