Directly responsible to Program Manager for providing direct support activities and supervision of the persons served to help them achieve their personal goals.
Directs day-to-day activities of Direct Support Professionals.
Completes required documentation and assists with information gathering for Personal Outcome Measures and assessments.
Acts as a team leader and resource person for Direct Support Professionals.
Assists in staff scheduling.
Manages client resources, appointments, and activity schedules.
Manages house expenses and debit/credit card usage.
Assists in maintaining health and safety standards for individuals supported and support sites.
Supports Bethesda's Mission, Vision, and Core Values, ensuring that individuals are assisted in practicing their faith and are treated with the utmost respect.
- Provide direct support to individuals with disabilities by assuring the following: relationships, spiritual activities, community involvement and integration, power and choice, health and safety, status, and competence.
- Implement person-centered plans to assist people in achieving their personal goals and meet their needs and desires.
- Assist in establishing routines that meet all individuals needs and desires and to ensure compliance with licensing regulations, agency policies and practices and protection of individual rights.
- Ensure opportunities to access to the community are scheduled and staffed; provide transportation to activities as needed.
- Schedule cleaning and home maintenance activities to provide for the health and well-being of people served.
- Guide and monitor the work of DSPs and mentor them in their professional development.
- Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and professional
- Assist with information gathering to identify personal outcomes desired and effect of supports.
- Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality supports and services.
- Ensure that all home, vehicle, and personal property maintenance needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Schedule and attend as needed medical, health, and dental appointments to ensure best possible health and safety
- Supervise the administration of medication without error.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by protecting agency and individual funds from misuse.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly, correctly and on a timely basis.
- Complete audits as required.
- Work assigned schedule and arrive to scheduled shift on time.
- Change work schedule as needed to meet individual and program needs.
- Assist program managers in preparing staff schedules, resolving schedule conflicts, and calling in off duty employees when needed.
- Maintain a Christian atmosphere in the home, including daily devotions, mealtime prayers, church attendance, and participation in special church-related activities.
To apply please submit your resume to HRKansas@bethesdalc.org.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience as a direct support professional or related job working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Must have valid drivers license and clear driving record
- Must have cleared and approved criminal record check
- Must have legal status in the U.S
- Must hold First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be able to assist with a two-person lift of an adult; must be able to do frequent bending and lifting
- Mmust be able to stand for eight (8) hours at a time.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English effectively;
- Must have a philosophy that is committed to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a positive team player and maintain a positive attitude
- Skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed