Dedicated to providing fast, friendly service to our customers and donors. Associates have thorough knowledge of policies and procedures related to cash register operations and are capable of processing transactions quickly. Associates assist in production and donations, and work diligently to keep the store clean, safe and accessible to our customers.
Education and/or Experience:
-High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
-One year of retail experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: N/A
-Able to lift 40 lbs on a regular basis (more occasionally) and stand on feet for up to eight hours.
-Able to carry items up and down stairs as needed.
-Must be able to work irregular hours.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
-Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
-Must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
-Able to relate well with others, dependable, accurate, self-motivated, polite and tactful.
Essential Job Functions:
* Adheres to Bethesda's mission, vision and core values to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being met.
* Operates cash register accurately and efficiently.
* Assists in stocking sales floor, stock rotation, displays and organization of merchandise.
* Completes cash balance, production and other reports as directed.
* Responsible for answering telephone in professional manner and directing calls to appropriate party.
* Sorts and prices merchandise in accordance to quality and pricing guidelines.
* Reports supply needs to manager.
* Greets and thanks donors and customers for their contributions.
* Transfers merchandise from donor vehicle to building.
* Offers tax receipt to every donor.
* Sorts donations into various categories according to Bethesda policies and procedures.
* Keeps inside and outside of donation center and store organized and clean.
* Other duties as assigned.