Essential Job Functions
- Supports Bethesda's Mission, Vision, and Core Values, ensuring that individuals are assisted in practicing their faith and are treated with the utmost respect;
- Advocates for and seeks innovative ways to provide necessary supports; assists people to achieve their desired outcomes, and champion their rights.
- The QDDP/QIDP Manager will facilitates the planning, development and implementation of person centered plans by completing assessments, evaluations, regular review of data and assimilates information into the individualized support plan or other applicable plans and reports; monitors progress towards meeting outcomes.
- Assists the individual to lead members of the team, schedule and facilitate team meetings and arrange necessary referrals and follow-up.
- Facilitates new admissions and discharges. Completes all paperwork required by organization's policies and state regulations;
- Encourages and maintains regular contact with the person supported and guardian and acts as the liaison between individual, families, legal authorized representative, county, team, etc. documenting significant information shared with all.
- Promotes self-advocacy and independence by encouraging each individual to identify his/her needs and preferences; and when necessary, provides advocacy on behalf of each individual to ensure appropriate treatment, training and protection of rights.
- Manages personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and helping to develop the most qualified individuals to work as direct support professionals.
- Ensure quality requirements are met.The QDDP/QIDP Manager will ensure current federal, state and local licensing and certification rules and regulations, accreditation requirements and agency policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitors physical upkeep of the service site, vehicles, personal property, takes action to correct concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- The QDDP/QIDP Manager directly Supervises the Residential Program Supervisor and assists with the supervision of Direct Support Professionals
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion. Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization. Training and interest in the field of developmental disabilities. Strong knowledge of community resources which may be used by people who are developmentally disabled. Capacity to organize large amounts of information and manage complex situations to achieve effective outcomes for each individual. Ability to use and interpret policies and regulations pertaining to the care and treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, individuals served, families, other agencies, and the general public. Effective writing and communication skills in English. Must be willing to transport individuals in own car if needed. Must be flexible in hours worked and be willing to assist others as needed to benefit the individuals served. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
More about Bethesda:
We help people create connections in their communities. Through these connections, the people we support are empowered to make choices leading to a greater independence that enables them to live the best life possible. We believe support begins with the individual. We make a difference in the lives of those who choose to receive our support by being an active and involved part of their everyday lives. We get to know their interests and their passions. We work together to identify the services that will best support them through important life decisions including how to live, work, and play. Our goal is to help each person make choices, set goals and enrich their lives so they can live in the home they choose and access the supports they desire. We help them realize a greater sense of independence and a closer connection to their community.
To apply please submit your resume to Texas.HR@bethesdalc.org