Why Work Here?
“Opportunity to help those with developmental disabilities live life to the fullest!”
If you are looking for full-time work as a Community Life Coach, look no further than Bethesda Lutheran Communities!
What you'll be doing:
- Identify community resources / activities pertaining to the interest and skill level of participants on their caseload.
- Facilitate the participation of participants in typical and integrated activities (those used by the general public), events and organizations in the participant’s neighborhood or local community in ways similar to other persons of the same age an interest.
- Foster connections between participants and persons without disabilities to increase social capital.
- Maintain electronic records including progress of goals identified on participant’s person-centered plan, incidents, challenges, etc.
- Accompany participants to activities, if needed, and facilitate involvement.
- Communicate progress, successes, and challenges to guardians / care providers as needed.
- Ensure personal safety of participants on caseload.
- Provide support to maintain or enhance personal independence.
- Provide attendant care and / or other supports as necessary (i.e. personal care, medication assistance, etc.)
To apply please submit your resume to HR.Wisconsin@bethesdalc.org
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record, and be able to travel between locations.
- High school graduate or equivalent and be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours at a time and lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, a drug test and a TB test.
What we want to see from you:
- Ability to stand, bend and lift objects and/or persons daily.
- Must possess good verbal, reading, and written communication in English; basic math skills; and basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to successfully complete and apply training.
- Must be certified to be free of communicable diseases by a physician (post-employment physical).
- Flexibility with respect to hours of work and changing conditions.
- Must be willing to drive throughout the assigned geographic area.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in the absence of an immediate supervisor.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relations with local businesses and agencies.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed