Executes routine financial responsibilities that directly impact the lives of people with disabilities. Performs a variety of routine finance functions with moderate complexity in accordance with standard processes and procedures. Expected to resolve finance related issues for field operations and the people we serve in a timely manner, escalating only the most complex issues.
* Customer service liason between the field and Finance departments, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger to resolve issues
* Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers and clients
* Personal funds and credit card management for people with disabilities
* Perform analysis of various general ledger account balances
* Compile, track, and analyze financial data
* Prepare bank and account reconciliations
* Create and update Excel spreadsheets
* Coordinate, gather, process and prepare financial and business data and reports for processes including journal entries, invoices and reconciliations, etc.
* Assist with preparation of various management reports
* Coordinate and gather information and documents required for compliance, licensing and funding
* Assist with the coordination of various audits
* Participates in training field personnel for finance processes
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience in accounting or business required.
- At least one year experience working in business or accounting administrative function.
- Able to keyboard and use a computer for a minimum of 6 hours/day.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
* Perform work under minimal supervision
* Organizational skills
* Excel skills
* Attention to detail
* Available to travel
* Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion
* Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization
* Available to work overtime as required including, but not limited to, month end, fiscal year end, annual audits & system testing & implementation
* Must understand generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and audit reporting requirements
* Must be able to carry out written and oral instructions; strong verbal & written communication
* Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion with confidential information
* Team player & collaboration with ALL department of the organization
* Exercise tact while asserting authority to enforce policy compliance
* Possess strong positive leadership traits, problem solving skills, mental alertness, neatness, accuracy, attention to detail, dependability and honesty.
* Able to thrive in a fast paced environment and deliver a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed